Done and done. I got the email at about 3 pm earlier today. I've been accepted for Merchandising in the Fall Advantage program. For the first hour and a half all I could think was "WOWOHMYGOD". I said it about 400 times during that span of time. There's no real words to explain how absolutely excited I am!
It was funny, because the day was so ordinary. Nothing spectacular happened, and I didn't get any Disney 'signs'. Actually in my psychology class I was chatting with Abby and Sara about how we are going to decorate our apartment, and we were all sad it was only hypothetical. NOW IT'S REAL!
I have so much I want to do now! Make packing lists, shopping lists, things I want to do at WDW lists, things I have to do before leaving lists, lists of things I want to find more information out about, decorating lists, etc. But I wanted to start off with a special list.
You might think I'm not excited about Merchandising because it wasn't my first, second, or even third choice. It was more like my 5th! But I sincerely am. The only reason it wasn't higher is because I've worked in retail before...but then this is where I realize that Disney merchandise is like no other. There are so many perks to it that I didn't even think about before! Plus, I am GREAT with retail. My boss at the shoe store loved me to death and said I was a great employee. So, this is a list of awesome things about Merchandising.
1. Guest interaction. If I'm out on the floor, I think I'd get so much of it! I can just stop and talk to guests about how their day has went, what their favorite ride is, what they're looking forward to, etc. Really have a conversation with them!
2. Two of my roommates so far are doing merch! And Kris, who is not my roommate, but is still awesome. It's going to be so fun to have someone at home who KNOWS what I'm talking about with merch-related things. Plus, there's probably a good chance we could have Merchantainment together.
3. Pin trading! I think this would be a lot of fun! I've never participated in this before, but I know there are a lot of dedicated lovers of this. I think it would be a great conversation starter and just...be fun! I know they wouldn't technically be my pins, but that doesn't matter to me.
4. I have experience in this. I am great with upselling and cash handling. I feel very comfortable behind a register.
5. You work with a team, mostly, it seems. Unless I was doing a cart or glow. I love working with a team like that! And I'm fine working alone in one location, I just don't like wandering around on my own looking for something to do.
6. Bubbles, waving, and other fun stuff. Have you ever seen those people standing outside of stores waving with a Mickey glove? That could be me! Also, I've seen people stand outside near the carts and blow bubbles at people. SO MUCH FUN.
7. This is the perfect role if you want to pick up extra shifts. I hear that as long as your trained in the system/register thing, then you can pick up shifts at any store. This would be so awesome if you want to make extra cash, or be able to say you worked in all four parks. I also want to pick up a MNSSHP candy shift, but that's for another list!
After I had a celebratory dinner, I came home and actually read over the invitation packet and accepted. I paid the fee ($104) and picked June 14th as my check in date. It opened up a whole new part of the website, and now I can read about discounts, cast stores, and a bunch of awesome stuff!
So this is all I can think of right now. I really am having a hard time forming complete thoughts, lol. I AM SO EXCITED!
Good luck to all of you who are still waiting, I know you'll get the email soon!