Monday, December 28, 2009

Decisions decisions.

Okay, so as you could see on my last post, I haven't settled on what my top 3 role choices are yet. Hospitality or concierge are most definitely my number one choice, but I'm having trouble deciding on the other two.


I think vacation planner sounds like a nice role, and I already know a ton about WDW tickets. I have experience in merchandise and after reading Bethany's Fall '09 blog it sounds like a good choice. Attractions is exactly what I used to think of when thinking of working at Disney, but now I'm not so sure. I think you might get more guest interaction in a few other roles. Plus, counting out guests and pointing and telling everyone to 'have a magical day here at Disney's Animal Kingdom!' might get a tad bit repetitive. Which role do you think has the most variety?

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely giddy at the thought of being a smiling CM telling people to have a magical day and pointing with two fingers, but still...you know? 4-7 months is a long time to be doing the same things day after day. Variety is key to happiness in my world. :)

Next on the agenda is to decide on a term. Fall or fall advantage?

Pros for fall: This would give me a chance to potentially work during the summer and save up extra money for the CP, so I won't be broke all of the time. Also, I could take a couple classes. Plus, I wouldn't have to endure the heat of the summer, which would happen with FA.

Cons for fall: Shorter time. This term only lasts like 3-4 months, so maybe JUST as you were getting into a routine and had a good group of friends...you'll have to leave. I mean, I could always extend, but a lot of the people I've already met would leave. And I'll have to buy health insurance if I'm not in college at 19.

Times like this is when I'm glad I still have a month and a half before applications go up and I have to decide!

Anyway, here's a list of all the roles I'm interested in. I need everyone's opinions please. :)

1. Hospitality/Concierge (they're seperate now though, right?)

2. Attractions

3. Recreation

4. Merchandise

5. Vacation Planner

6. Transportation

7. Character Attendant

8. BBB Hostess

9. Costuming

10. Photopass Photographer

11. Main Entrance Operations

I doubt I have much chance with BBB or Photopass because I have no experience with hair or photography, but I don't think it will hurt to check them off anyways.

(OH! And the AIM chat has been created for Fall/FA 2010 just in case you didn't know. Here's the link: http://chat.aim.com/chats/a-place-to-start/wdw-cp-fall-2010- )

No comments:

Post a Comment