Thursday, January 7, 2010

DLRCP and other related, but not, things.

So I just realized that I know pretty much everything there is to know about the Walt Disney World College Program. At least all the things I can learn about it from the outside. I'm getting bored. The spring people really haven't updated their vlogs with anything interesting yet about how check in went, and it just seems like everything it moving reallyyyy slow.

I decided to check out Disneyland's CP. I know really nothing about it, so it's like a little adventure. The first thing I saw is that their site says the fall apps will be out in FEBRUARY. So that really dashes any hope I had of them coming out on January 20th, especially after someone contacted Disney and they said Feb. as well. I'm trying to be realistic, because it would be really awful for me to get superrrr excited about Jan. 20th, and it come & go with no apps. SO, I am now set on Feb. Lost also premieres on Feb. 2, so I am thinking that may be a really really good day. I have a good feeling about it, but how many times have you heard that on one of these blogs?

Anyway, I've been to DLR, but I was merely a toddler. It's basically where my mom grew up, because she was born & raised not too far from Anaheim. I have always, always wanted to visit it. Walt walked there! He opened it, spoke about it, and saw it out all the way. That absolutely feels my heart with magic at the thought of walking into Disneyland. It's the original! I don't know when I'll be able to vacation there. Possibly after my CP? My mom can't wait to go back!

And that makes me think of other true Disney classics, like Cinderella. Now, as you can see by my blog title, I love Sleeping Beauty, but...Cinderella is the first Disney movie I remember. 'A Wish is a Dream your Heart Makes' is absolutely my favourite Disney song. Cinderella is so...undeniably Disney. (At least their version of it, yes I know Cindy's story was around long before then.)

Anywho, I thought I'd update you guys on what was going on with me, so there it is. Classes start back on Monday (booooo), so tomorrow I'm going to buy my textbooks. Nothing really to say, other than...

I'm going to watch Cinderella and eat some popcorn. You should do the same. See ya! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Cinderella in ridiculous amounts. :)
    I researched the DLRCP not too long ago just because I was tired of researching for myself and just wanted to learn some new things. Haha. I've never been to Disneyland but I plan to go at some point in my life. Preferably soon. :)

    ReplyDelete