Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I have so many decisions to make.

*Revised this post so it has more coherency and sounds less like a sad 13 year old wrote it*

So, I have found out that my parents may not be able to visit me on the program. This has spawned me questioning and doubting what little I was sure of about the program. You may not understand where I'm coming from, but I'm really close to my mom especially.

Since last night I've had time to think about it, and I'm feeling much less frazzled. I'm definitely still doing the program, duh. I don't know why I ever said I might not. I'm still debating between fall and fall advantage though. Would it be selfish to still want FA? For me, this is a once in a lifetime thing. I'm not going to extend, I'm not going to do the program again. Mainly because I know it doesn't really tie into the career I want right away. So being away from home and not seeing my family and friends for 7 months will be tough on them and me, but...it's not like it's going to be happening very often. You know what I mean?

Like when I grow up and move out I won't be far from home. You get it? There's no other reasons in my future to go 7 months without seeing my family.

And it's not like I'll be alone, or even alone in being homesick. Everyone will get homesick every once in a while.

On John Henselmeier's vlog, he mentioned that when you get homesick, you just need to surround yourself with your d-fam. Well, I think I'm already meeting people who are going to make a great future d-fam!

So, thanks everyone for commenting! (Lol Abby, I love your honesty.) Is the fact that I'll go insane waiting for August a good reason to do fall advantage? ;)

Bye!

11 comments:

  1. please still do it! at least just the fall program. i am a home body and go home once a month. even though it was hard, i was able to go home for 3 days. well all be there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should still do it. Being away from home is difficult at times but it's such a growing experience. You learn a lot about yourself and who you want to be, plus it's a good experience to learn how to govern yourself. Living on your own is a big life lesson and I wouldn't discourage anyone from it. I won't lie to you and tell you that it's easy, because sometimes (especially in the beginning) it's really hard, but it gets easier and there's lots of fun things about being out on your own! There are some great advantages to leaving home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. It's not even the living on my "own" that's worrying me, it's the fact that I may not see my family at all for 7 whole months. Even when I grow up and move out, I'll still make time to see my family.

    That's why I'm seriously considering fall instead of fall advantage now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! why not? i still think you should do FA because i am selfish, but in the end it's up to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really concerned about that as well.
    Keep in mind that you could always do Fall and if you decide it's worth it to be there you could try to extend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn you have to move on, is hard but some day you have to do it. Maybe you can do Fall so you don't pass so many months without your parents. But definitely this is a one time opportunity that if you don't do it now you probably are gonna regret in the future.
    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the end it's all up to you with wether you choose to do Fall or FA. You should weigh the pros and cons of both but I totally agree with Abby. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you guys! I probably sound like a little kid for knowing I'll miss my family, but it's just going to be a really big change!

    Hopefully they'll work it out and be able to visit, but I know I'll be okay if they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't sound like a little girl that is normal is part of this life but hey you can do it, go for it and we gonna keep you party so you don't think in that so much lol!

    ReplyDelete