Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy weekend!

I have a pretty busy weekend planned, but I wanted to do a short post of some things before I forgot. This is kind of a combination of twists on ideas I've heard. Basically it's having to do with the first couple days at Disney, so it's a bit too soon, but I absolutely wanted to write it down somewhere so I didn't forget it. And I thought you guys might find it interesting, so what better place to write it down than here?

First, it's something I have completely blanked on and not thought about at all. Which is weird, because I've thought about every little process and every little thing that will possibly happen to me before I get to Orlando and when I'm there. Anyway, there was a thread on the DIS about check-in, and someone casually mentioned to make sure you eat before you go to check-in. WHAT!? I'm supposed to do something besides jumping out of bed, dancing around the room, and getting a taxi to Vista!? I had completely overlooked this...

...but it makes sense. You will likely be spending most of the day at check-in, casting, and housing meetings with little time in between to even breathe, let alone eat! So it may be who knows when before you get a chance to actually go find something to eat. So, now I'm penciling it into my plans to eat a nice breakfast before I leave for Vista. I plan on staying at Pop Century, so it's a good thing resort food courts open early. Unless someone else has any better plans? I know some people in the spring group were planning to meet up with their roommates to eat breakfast before check-in, and that sounds like a nice idea.

I just wanted to put this in writing somewhere so I won't forget it!

The next one spawned from reading Ashlie's blog. She posted a grocery list (I'm not sure if it was stuff to buy before she left, or stuff to buy when she got there). But anyway, it sounded like a fantastic idea! I'm sure in the hussle and bussle of the first couple days my brain will be fried. So when the bus (or a fantastic friend with a car) takes me to Walmart or Publix I probably wouldn't know where to start. There are so many little things we overlook (salt, pepper, other spices, condiments, etc) that I probably wouldn't remember to buy the first time I was at the store. And since I don't have a car, I don't want to keep bussing it back and forth to pick stuff up.

SO, I need to make a small list of things I KNOW I need. Of course I'll want to spend some time browsing the store to see what looks good, but there are a few staples of my diet. Sometime between now and the time I leave, I need to make this list. Besides, I'm a very organized person, and lists make me feel happy and comfortable. I also want to make some kind of plan once I'm there and settled about how often I'll need to go to grocery shopping.

I really can't wait to get accepted. I want to find a roommate and plan all of this stuff with her! Hopefully it will be someone as slightly neurotic as me. :) Also, once I get accepted it won't be as weird that I'm talking about every single thing in great detail, lol.

I also want to make a promise to you, my 23 dedicated (lol) readers -- I promise to at least post the beginning of my time in Florida in as much detail as I can. I know I love reading very detailed posts about the check-in, traditions, and training processes. Kind of how everyone is getting settled in. I also promise to post whenever something GOOD happens, and not just when bad things happen.

Of course, my plan is to update this blog as much as I can, but if that's not possible, I at least promise to do the above. I hope this blog can be helpful to all those hoping to apply for spring 2011 and on, plus be interesting to my fellow fall 2010-ers.

Well, I've got to go for now! But maybe I'll be able to peek into the chat tonight for a while. :)

4 comments:

  1. jenn i hope this doesn't sound creepy but if you do fa i totally want to be roommates. no joke. i am such an overplanner too! i mean, maybe that would be a bad thing... but i think not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I think you are my new best friend! :D

    Abby, pffft, that doesn't sound creepy at all. Haha, we are so alike it's ridiculous. I would love to be your roommate. We can overplan together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw yay! and then we can steal kristin's car haha

    ReplyDelete