Thursday, January 21, 2010

Worry and nerves.

Wow! I still can't believe it. I've watched so many other groups (fall '09, spring '10, etc) go through this process, so you think I'd be a pro at it. But it's weird now that it's actually ME! 'Surreal' doesn't even begin to describe it.

So I woke up this morning around 7, and that gave me just enough time to eat some cereal and check facebook before I called at exactly 7:30 my time. It sounded like maybe she had just sat down or something, because she had to take a minute for her computer to turn on. Anyway, we reviewed all my info, and when I told her my middle name was 'M', she said "like Mickey Mouse". Adorable! I didn't even think of it that way. But at the time I called Friday was wide open, so I must've been one of the first to call! How awesome. Anyway, I scheduled it for 2:30 CT.

I AM SO NERVOUS. It's so quick, which I thought would be a good thing, but now I'm wondering if I should've had more time to prepare. I feel prepared for all the potential questions I've seen, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to put recreation or concierge as my #3 pick & I haven't heard any interview questions for them.

Right now my mom is drilling me on random questions she has come up with, and man are they tough! She should definitely be in Disney's HR department!

I've come up with a prep-type list:

1. Review your notes. I have a couple word documents full of potential questions and my notes, and I'm practicing answering each question aloud.

2. Don't eat anything right beforehand. When I get nervous my stomach starts to hurt and do all kinds of flip flops. If I haven't eaten right before, there's less of a chance of it happening.

3. Wear comfy clothes, but sit at a table or desk of some sort. If you're sitting in an actual chair with a flat surface in front of you, it will seem more like an interview. Therefore, you'll sit up straighter and act more professional. But wear sweats or PJs so you'll make it more of a conversation and comfortable. If that makes any sense.

4. Have your notes, e-presentation code, application, and role checklist in front of you.

5. Have some water nearby. My mouth sometimes dries up or my throat gets all scratchy when I'm nervous.

That's all I've got so far. Remember, this list is for ME. These are my suggestions for myself, but I thought they may help someone out there.

GOOD LUCK! Especially to Molly F. and those other kids who have interviews before me. Come into the chat, so we can worry together! :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice tips, Jenn! Good luck with your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! Sending lots and lots of Pixie Dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips Jenn and lots of luck for the interview! I hope everything goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK! let us know how it goes, Jenn!

    Did you have Stephanie on the phone? I only ask because when I said my middle initial, she said the same thing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She actually didn't tell me what her name was, but that must be the same person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck today!! :) I can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete