Friday, January 22, 2010

Just got off the phone!

Hey guys, I just got off the phone from my interview. I think it went great!

My interviewer, Linda, called at about 2:35. She said she was sorry she was a little late, but the day had been really nuts.

- We basically reviewed my application. She made sure everything was correct on it.
- She asked if I was okay making about $7.25 an hour.
- Then she reviewed the Disney Look and asked me if I had any tattoos, a natural hair color, or extra piercings.
- Then the infamous "why do you want to work for Disney?"
- Part of my answer talked about being able to learn from such a well respected company, so she asked me what I thought I would learn.
- Then she asked if I had ever lived away from home.
- What would you do if a roommate was messy, but you were really clean?
- She told me they have 5 or 7 month programs, and which one would I prefer?
- Then she asked me about past experience, and what my duties were at those jobs.
- She asked me which past job I liked better. I wasn't expecting that so my answer was a little wordy.
- Then we reviewed my role checklist, and she asked me what 4-5 roles I was most excited about and/or qualified for. (All that worrying over picking #3 for nothing!) Also, as she said 'FSFB' she asked if I was willing to do QFSB or just stick with full service.
- She asked me how I was experience for hospitality.
- Then she asked me what I thought some of the duties of hospitality were. I flubbed this a little.
- She also asked me if I preferred working in a park or resort, and what my favourite park and resort is.
- She told me that a lot of the roles require cash handling, and what experience did I have with that.
- Then she asked me if I were working a role like main entrance ops or hospitality, what would I do to make each guest feel special.

Then she mentioned about how selective hospitality and concierge were, but I have a good chance just the same. Linda said that the computers had been messing up all day, and she was really short staffed so unfortunately she would have to end the interview earlier than usual. She said quite a few times actually that I had a really really good chance of getting in, especially since I checked so many roles off. I will hear back in 3 to 4 weeks!

I think it went pretty well. I wish I had gotten to talk to her longer (the interview only last 15-20 minutes) because I wanted to stress about how much I love people, guest service, and public speaking. I'll probably dissect it into a million peices now and go crazy, but right now I think it went good.

And now the waiting starts again!

ETA: I wanted to say it here first. My family has worked it out, so they will be able to visit me. Which officially means I am doing fall advantage! Which is what I told Linda. I hope you're happy Abby. ;)

5 comments:

  1. well we're talking about this in the chat right now so i'll just say yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you Jenn!!!
    And hurray for Fall advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I'm glad it went so well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! So I'm applying for the fall advantage program '10, too! :) My interview is April first (haha april fools....this could be interesting :) ) thanks so much for giving some insight into the phone interview :) I'm pretty nervous lol.
    hopefully we will have the chance to work together!! :)
    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!

    @ Christy: I have the interview today as well, and I am super pumped for it! Good luck!

    @ Jenn: Thanks for all of the insight. That was really helpful as to what I should expect for my interview thats in 10 minutes, oh god, lol. But I'm ready, I'm excited, and I'm confident.

    Hope everyone gets in! Maybe we'll bump into each other.

    ReplyDelete