Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's 2010 everyone!

I love that it is finally 2010. A couple days ago I felt like I was at the end of something -- 2009. It was a great year, but I hate that feeling. The feeling of something ending.

But the great thing about being in January is, it's the BEGINNING of something! Something new, exciting, and potentially life changing. Applications haven't gone out, I haven't interviewed, I haven't been accepted, but the potential is all there. It hasn't been scarred with stress, worry, or bad experiences yet. It's a baby.

Okay, I'm done with that. Now to the actual CP news.

We've kind of started dabbling in all the fun planning things. Kris made a mock up for a CP t-shirt, which I really think is the best one yet. It's simple, and has that 'less is more' attitude. Don't get me wrong, I think all the past ones are great, but our potential one is super. Go check them out on the facebook page if you haven't seen them yet. I believe he said he was going to call Disney on Monday (?) to ask them if it would be okay to use the font and some other stuff. We'll have to see what happens with that. And I believe Abby and a few others are going to design one too, and maybe we'll do like a vote?

Somebody also started a thread on the FB page about a pre check in dinner. People are just kind of putting their ideas out there, and we're talking it over. I've heard some former CPs suggest having the dinner at a resort foodcourt, like Pop Century, so I suggested that. I really think it would be fun there. We could just kind of take over one of the sections to mix and mingle. And people could eat if they wanted to, OR we could break off into little groups and go to DTD to eat? If we ate there though, it would be cheap and easy.

Plus, I'm thinking I'll probably stay at Pop Century (or some Disney resort) the night before check in anyways. That way I could use Magical Express and the Disney busses to get to DTD. (Because even if the dinner isn't there, I'm still planning to stroll around DTD anyway.) And I could split the room with my future roommate or something like that.

But really, we won't start planning/doing concrete things until the first people get accepted. Mannn, I hope I get accepted. It would be really awful to not get in after doing all these chats and getting to know everyone.

Speaking of chats, we did another tokbox video chat thing last night. It was fun, but a little hectic with 9 people and the delay. Everyone was talking over everyone else, lol. We'll probably do it more often now, because it seems like a lot of people made accounts. My internet spazzed out, but when I left there was still 5 or so people chatting.

Gosh, I talk a lot. I'm sorry. I had planned for this to be a short post because I didn't think I had much to say. OH, and I'm still planning on doing a vlog. I have a list of topics now, and I need to just narrow it down to a couple things.

So to my readers, I'm sorry if you didn't want to know everything in such specifics, haha. But I guess that's just how I am. Have a good weekend everybody. :)

3 comments:

  1. hey my tokbox its crashing i dont know why :( i cant call anyone or receive calls that sucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that sucks. It does that too me sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete